So our day started at 4:00 a.m.....


I woke up and I thought it's so dark out I better get up and see if we can see the stars...

...and when I walked down the stairs...
I saw the most amazing thing!!!!

We had actually caught a FIREFLY!!!!
In the Trailer!!!

It was flying around blinking...OMG!!!

This is not my firefly....I was way too excited to even think of taking a pic...

We caught him quickly...not in a mason jar as it had pickles in it (which I did use last time to try to catch them) but in a drinking glass and put him outside with his buddies....

I have been thinking about fireflies ever since we planned this trip....
...we saw them once in 2013 in Toledo Ohio....
and the only place I heard they were was in the Great Smokey Mountains bordering North Carolina and Tennessee.....the closest we ever were was 8 hours away...
So I was feeling pretty bummed that I would not see them!!

I sat outside for about 1/2 hour or so...watching fireflies....I saw about 3 dozen or so...which isn't really very much .....so when you think out of those 3 dozen in this large forest..
we caught one in the trailer...
...that was amazing!!!

And in the quiet of the night...watching fireflies...
I heard an owl in the distance....
...what had to be the biggest Toad in the lake....he was so loud!
...a cricket....
...a fish jump in the lake....

I sat there until I heard the first birds....

What an amazing start to June.....in the Pennsylvania mountains....


We thought we would stay a few nights but seeing as we are in a non-dog site....and all the dog sites a full, we decided to stay at a private campground and hour down the road.  It's a rustic place....but it will do and off we went to check out the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania...

The countryside is so beautiful here...rolling hills....everything is a shade of green....pastures....farms....no road is straight...no road is flat....


Roxanne thought the shortcut through a local farm was a good thing for us...

Today was supposed to be overcast but before long the sun was out and it was hot....92% humidity....






Heading to Wellsboro to see what is up there.

Looks like a nice golf course doesn't it?

Except it's a yard....like most yards here....they mow acres and acres around their homes....and they all do it...even if the home is just small and old and falling down...they mow!!!

There is a Rally going on in town this weekend.

It's a cute town...lot's of old buildings...beautiful homes...
There are 230 Gaslights that line the streets here...we would love to see them at night but we are about 20 minutes out of town and the deer here on the roads at night....brutal....so not really worth it...
Gaslights?....Deer hitting Truck?.....


The town is dog friendly so Gracie is really enjoying walking into open doors 
and she usually gets herself a treat...




A couple Quaint little B & Bs...




We found this place that had patio seating so thought it looked like a great place for a beer.
They have the market cornered here...Pub...restaurant and Coffee...and the decor is so cool...

Literally everything sounded great on the menu but we only had room to share this super tasty Baked Beans with rice and Chorizo sausage...we all loved it...including Gracie.

Oh I wish we didn't eat before we came to town....

They took 2 years to renovate the bar...using reclaimed items from the two main factories that shut down in the area....it's just so cool.  

This is the bathroom!!! OMG I want my house to look like this.


We already decided laundry day was going to take place in this town ....
just so we can have lunch here tomorrow.

Daddy O is getting himself some new shoes!!!


Gracie releasing some energy back at camp.


And as the sky darkened....I was so happy to see the fireflies are here too!!
Yay!!!
Not as many as last night...but it'll do...

Crazy but I can't get enough of them....
and this is what it looks like to follow one little firefly....ha ha...crazy to some...exciting for me...
I can almost see George in the trailer shaking his head.....
....waiting up to make sure I don't fall in the pond with the frogs and drown....






Comments

Popular posts from this blog