It rained all night long....and it rained hard....it rained so hard....
......yesterday this river was a lazy river....today....it's raging!
Gracie doesn't usually really care about meeting too many dogs...she has a boyfriend back home...
Jackson....Gracie misses you....
...didn't take long before Gracie put this dog in its place for being a little too "in her face"
Another cloudy day that looks like it could rain at any time so thought it was a good day to go into Preston to do laundry....now this is one sleepy town....I think if it wasn't for the fact that it has a Grocery Store and a Napa Parts & Hardware store (yes all in one)....I think it may be actually dead.
We learned today that the area we are in is called `Driftless`....it`s a section of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northeast Iowa and Northwest Illinois that was never glaciated....meaning it was never flattened out by the glaciers....which is why we have been seeing these great bluffs, deep valleys and just gorgeous scenery...
This tree is on the golf course and is said to be over 100 years old...
It rained so much last night this little guy thought he better get to higher ground....
in the folded lawn chair...
I put him onto the tree....and he disappeared...
Now that's camoflauge for you
I told George if he's still there in the morning....he's crossing the border with us!
This unit pulled in, pretty unique....looks like an ol' cowboy trucker!
The Old Barn Restaurant was so good last night.... we had dinner there again tonight!
Now all we need is no rain and some fireflies to end the day....
and there were lots...
and I caught one on my finger...can't get enough of these little guys....
Comments
Post a Comment