Another early start to the day....about 4:00 a.m. ....thought I would go out and look at the stars....instead....found my beloved Fireflies!!! Didn't really think I would see them here so was super excited!!!
I watched them for about 15 minutes when out of the corner of my eye.... I saw a shadow coming my way....and it was coming pretty fast....It took me a minute to process it...it was a raccoon!!! When I jumped out of the lawn chair I think I scared it and it headed the other way. Cut my firefly watching short as I wasn't really too excited to be sitting in the dark...anticipating his return.
It's a driving day...the day started out cloudy again....the roads are rather bumpy....still more fields and fields of corn and soyabeans.
Within a few hours the landscape changed from flat farmland....to gently rolling hills....
We intended on staying at Pikes Peak State Park... but when we got there...it was so closed in with trees that we decided to look for another place......turns out we should have just stayed where we were. Found an....okay site........with a train track....a wee bit too close....but it was okay for one night...
And another robin....who built it's nest on a sign....within reach of everyone??
.......and it had FIREFLIES!!!! So it was better than okay after that....
I watched them for about 15 minutes when out of the corner of my eye.... I saw a shadow coming my way....and it was coming pretty fast....It took me a minute to process it...it was a raccoon!!! When I jumped out of the lawn chair I think I scared it and it headed the other way. Cut my firefly watching short as I wasn't really too excited to be sitting in the dark...anticipating his return.
It's a driving day...the day started out cloudy again....the roads are rather bumpy....still more fields and fields of corn and soyabeans.
Always something to see along the way...this person thought they would brighten up the endless miles of crops....by being creative...
We are not sure what Gracie found so interesting about this little town...this is the first time she sat up and had her head out the window
We are on a secondary road now so back to seeing the amazing old buildings...many of these towns are barely surviving, you will see less than half the stores open...and even the open ones look closed. I would say one out of maybe 5 look like they are interesting enough to stop at.
The Mighty Mississippi River...
It's such a busy river....there is always a barge going one way or the other...
We have crossed many state borders into many cities and this is by far the "Biggest Welcome"..
Within a few hours the landscape changed from flat farmland....to gently rolling hills....
Most of the places have these amazing old barns...
And then the landscape changed from rolling hills to some of the most amazing views....
we were on a plateau and every farmer had such a great view...
View of the Mississippi.
We intended on staying at Pikes Peak State Park... but when we got there...it was so closed in with trees that we decided to look for another place......turns out we should have just stayed where we were. Found an....okay site........with a train track....a wee bit too close....but it was okay for one night...
And another robin....who built it's nest on a sign....within reach of everyone??
Tiny Train House!!
.......and it had FIREFLIES!!!! So it was better than okay after that....
Comments
Post a Comment