Today will be cooler again so Gracie gets to go to Charleston with us...yay!!
I always feel a little sad when we leave her....I am sure she is okay with it but I feel guilty...
But not today!
Spent a few hours looking at the old buildings again...Because these houses are historic you cannot do anything...I mean anything to them without an approval process...I even read one that was applying for a permit to fix a shutter....not replace it or anything...just fix it.!!
The theme for today seemed to be doors? not sure why....but they just interested me today..
Here's one for you Charlene! You would love the flowers here!
We are starting to see some of the Sweetgrass Baskets around this part.
They are gorgeous and they take so long for these ladies to make....they really are a piece of art...
but we just don't have a use for a $65.00 basket....as lovely as they are...we just admire them...
And like all the old cities here....Churches are in abundance..I think I read there are over 300 churches in Charleston. That's alot.
And this one is for George ....See Nicole...we are right...they call them Graveyards!!
We left the city in search of a Dog Friendly Patio that is not in the sun....it's getting hot now...and with the humidity usually hovering around 85% or so....it feels really hot!
We found this nice area that we had visited before where the waterway is lined with outdoor pubs and restaurants and walkways....
And a great place for lunch and drinks.
And my all-time favourite thing to do....Dolphin Watching!!!
OMG I love them!!!
We have been lucky to see dolphins almost every other day since we have been near the water.
Adorable funny birds....
And then ugly ducks at our campsite!!! They look prehistoric!!
Comments
Post a Comment