Today is the day we will drive across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel!!

I planned the way we would drive....wish I had really looked into what this bridge-tunnel was all about!

It's 17.6 miles long....took us 20 minutes to drive it...12 miles of trestle roadway, two very very long one mile-long tunnels, two bridges, four man-made islands and almost 2 miles of causeway and 5 1/2 miles of approach roads...for a toal of 23 miles....23 long miles....did I tell you I dislike bridges and dislike tunnels even more!!!

Yesterday we saw a freighter going over the tunnel portion of this thing!!...OMG!!!... 
I was so glad that didn't happen today!!

It's a one-lane each way tunnel....OMG...when you pass a Semi and you see that he only has maybe 6 inches from the top of his truck to the top of the tunnel and OMG it looks narrow when you pass by something like that!!!!!





We made it!!! and back on solid ground.  Traffic was pretty good for a Friday going into a super busy Memorial Day Weekend. We were actually really lucky to even get a site for this weekend considering I only booked less than a week ago...Yikes!

We arrived at the Delaware Seashore State Park and we have never seen a State Park like this before! Two parks are situated on either side of the huge bridge and the sites look like a private park!






It's pretty cool because it's only a 3 minute walk to the beach and you are on a very busy waterway so lots to see all the time.


And when you get too hot at the beach....


You just park your lounger underneath it!!! lots of shade there...a wee bit noisy but it works.


And when you are really tired and you are a Poggle....this is how you do it!

We took a walk down to the Marina and oh my....all the boats are set-up for some serious fishing gear.  Even people's peddle bikes and vehicles have fishing pole holders on them...most have several...they have little carts and trailers...all full of fishing gear.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog