It's a pretty fitting day to leave the beach...it's raining....it's still warm...but it's still raining....
Taking a ferry today instead of dealing with the traffic...won't take any time off our trip...but will take the miles off our trip...cost wise...not too sure...but if it can eliminate a few hours on the road in the city...it's worth it.
This bird decided to build a nest in the busiest place ever!!! Right at the Ferry Terminal...
Then slowly...the traffic got worse and worse and then more and more lanes of traffic appeared....
And then it got worse...then it was just lane after lane...I lost count of how many lanes...
Thankfully it's a Sunday on a holiday weekend...so it could have been way way worse ....
Taking a ferry today instead of dealing with the traffic...won't take any time off our trip...but will take the miles off our trip...cost wise...not too sure...but if it can eliminate a few hours on the road in the city...it's worth it.
This bird decided to build a nest in the busiest place ever!!! Right at the Ferry Terminal...
And all along the way....Dophins.....Yay!! I will never tire of seeing them playing in the water!
So before long we are on the New Jersey Turnpike....
which just means .....toll....after toll.....after toll....
and you have no idea which lane you are supposed to be in...
Nightmare!
Marty!!!....
You will love this.......
You know all those American dimes and nickels I was saving....
Finally had a chance to use them....
Oh the look on his face when I gave him $6.00 in dimes and nickels!!!
We managed to get rid of lots of dimes and nickels today!
And then it got worse...then it was just lane after lane...I lost count of how many lanes...
Thankfully it's a Sunday on a holiday weekend...so it could have been way way worse ....
And the road construction with the narrow narrow roads...OMG!
And now this is home for 4 nights...an RV Park/Marina...most expensive one we have stayed at yet!!!..the BEST thing ever....Worth every Dollar!!....a 12 minute commuter ferry ride from our doorstep to the Financial District or a quick subway ride...and we are in Manhattan...
From the RV park we can walk about 10 minutes out to the most amazing view of the
New York Skyline....
It was super windy and quite cloudy when we arrived....
From this spot...you can see where the Twin Towers used to be....such a sad sad day...
As we were looking at the memorial....we all heard a plane...which seemed pretty loud...and the first one we had heard.....we all stopped....and looked...we all had the same split-second reaction....
....as my heart slowed down....I realized it was just a typical plane...flying over the area...on just another typical day.. it make we wonder what the people who lived through 9-11 go through every day here....I just can't imagine...
As we were looking at the memorial....we all heard a plane...which seemed pretty loud...and the first one we had heard.....we all stopped....and looked...we all had the same split-second reaction....
....as my heart slowed down....I realized it was just a typical plane...flying over the area...on just another typical day.. it make we wonder what the people who lived through 9-11 go through every day here....I just can't imagine...
We had to escape the wind a bit so took Gracie back to the RV and headed into Jersey City on foot to find a pub...and a pub we did...after a bit of a search...but we found it ...and the food was great and the beer...refreshing.
Mac and Cheese seems to be a favourite dish and side-dish here....
I had seen Mac and Cheese Appie at so many place....which is deep-fried and served with dipping sauce and I finally decided to try it and so glad I did!!! It's like every mouthful of Mac and Cheese with the Breadcrumb topping!!! OMG YUM!
Lots to see here...and 3 days to see it in...yikes....
It looks like Joe really likes to be in another selfie. lol
ReplyDeleteWe are hoping to get good at it one day....a long way away :)
Delete