I was out for my morning stroll with Gracie....and it came to me why we love camping so much....it's like that front-porch community...much like the homes down South here...the wrap around veranda with the rocking/deck chairs....it's like that....as you stroll the campsite....everybody either says hi...or nods...or gives a little wave....and as you drive out of the campsite with your RV....they all wave goodbye....have a safe trip....

On the move North again...only 4 or 5 hours but getting closer to New York!

We drove through Myrtle Beach again to see what was happening...but apparently it's too early for the bikers...or most of them...



As with this area....we drove across many many more bridges and waterways...still some swamp land but we are noticing it less and less. We just don't tire of the views....





It appears we are getting closer to our campsite as Gracie is 
awake and looking ready to get out of the truck

We hadn't been to a Passport America RV place in a bit...been doing quite a few State Parks. Got pretty excited because they say they have 2 pools....yay!!!.... but they failed to state they are both closed due to Health Inspections being done in the next few days!!! ug....


The park itself is nice...lots of grass and there are 5 or 6 lakes and then a waterway which takes you out to the river.  Typical of these places about 95% are full-time or seasonal so I think we were about the only overniters here.



We have been really lucky because even with all the water and swamps we have been near...the bugs have been really good so far. They say they spray lots for the mosquitoes...so that's great...but that also kills the fireflies......which would explain why I have yet to see one on this trip....

And where there is water....

Funny thing we have only seen a handful of fish being caught on this trip so far....great for the fish mind you....but not so great for all these fishermen!

These two guys were so cute....they were never more than about 6 inches apart....
A girl we talked to said they are never apart....she says they are "boyfriend and girlfriend"....

"Where you go...I go...."


Haven't seen one of these in a while...I would play but I already slipped on the bridge and fell so might not be a great idea....and besides....I might spill my vino!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog