Slow day today....doing some catch-up and taking care of a few things....really late get up and go.
Did finally make it into Galveston but pretty late in the day. Made it down in time to see a cruise ship leave the area....they are so darn big it's crazy!!!
We did drive through the Historic Downtown, already pretty late and really quiet so didn't even get my own pics...but was beautiful. Lots of construction and revitalization going on in the area. This part of town seems to be kept alive by the Cruise Ship traffic.
The boardwalk area was pretty quiet by the time we got there, I think maybe it being a Monday had something to do with it.
Had some great Fish and Chips (must be America because one order has 5 large pieces of fish!!! That's a Family Pack back home!! )
Thankfully our Waitress told us that before I ordered one for myself...I was lucky to enjoy two great little Fish Sliders and of course shared some of George's Family Plate.
Did finally make it into Galveston but pretty late in the day. Made it down in time to see a cruise ship leave the area....they are so darn big it's crazy!!!
We did drive through the Historic Downtown, already pretty late and really quiet so didn't even get my own pics...but was beautiful. Lots of construction and revitalization going on in the area. This part of town seems to be kept alive by the Cruise Ship traffic.
The boardwalk area was pretty quiet by the time we got there, I think maybe it being a Monday had something to do with it.
Had some great Fish and Chips (must be America because one order has 5 large pieces of fish!!! That's a Family Pack back home!! )
Thankfully our Waitress told us that before I ordered one for myself...I was lucky to enjoy two great little Fish Sliders and of course shared some of George's Family Plate.
That's it?? Two pictures, I like to look at the pictures and read your blog while I have my morning coffee. Two pictures really, I didn't even pick up my coffee cup. This has just thrown my morning right off the tracks. Okay, now that I have had a sip of coffee, I am starting to realize that you are on vacation and that I shouldn't be critical of your "mini blog". And now that the sun has come out and it is warming up to 18C this weekend I am starting to feel better. My onions are reaching towards the sky and the cilantro, carrots and lettuce are looking good in the cold frame. Jackson still stares at your gate every morning looking for his girl. He even got a new doo, Shari says it looks like a bowl cut. I think it looks cute and he likes it. Well tell George to wash down those family meal plates with a couple of good old american beers. Hey if you are down by the beach and there are some girls running around in bikinis, maybe you could snap a couple pics. (Smiley Face)
ReplyDeleteHey, have you tried that camera we gave you ?? Take care, till next time...
OMG Cal you are too funny....i know...it was an uneventful day...maybe I should have posted someone elses pics that day :) I will try better next time
DeleteDon't forget about the bikinis....
ReplyDelete