Another night in Apache Junction. George, Gracie and I went on a hike to Superstitious Mountain at Lost Dutchman State Park. This time we did what we were supposed to....bring lots of water....map in hand....this one was less than 5 km, so not too bad...
....Gracie looking for the treat she knows I have....
It was a great hike but Gracie needed some air conditioning so we left her back at the RV and picked up Joe for some more sightseeing.
Stopped at Goldfield, an old Ghost Town, wandered around....doing the touristy thing...
Then into the Saloon for a Beer and a quick snack...those are all cowboy boots on the ceiling!!!
Back on the road to Canyon Lake...Gracie would have loved a swim but that will have to wait..
Last stop....Tortilla Flats Superstition Saloon with money everywhere!!! There is not a bare spot anywhere!!
And this is the strangest and coolest washroom I have ever seen...
And this is the inside of the saguaro cactus! Really cool to see! They can live 150-200 years and after they die they make furniture out of them.
And a beautiful Arizona sunset to finish off another great day...on the move tomorrow...getting itchy feet!!!
....Gracie looking for the treat she knows I have....

We found out this cactus doesn't grow it's arms until it it about 75 years old
and then it grows them to balance itself.
It was a great hike but Gracie needed some air conditioning so we left her back at the RV and picked up Joe for some more sightseeing.
Stopped at Goldfield, an old Ghost Town, wandered around....doing the touristy thing...
I got Rocks!!!
Then into the Saloon for a Beer and a quick snack...those are all cowboy boots on the ceiling!!!
Back on the road to Canyon Lake...Gracie would have loved a swim but that will have to wait..
Last stop....Tortilla Flats Superstition Saloon with money everywhere!!! There is not a bare spot anywhere!!
Yup!!! Those are saddles them boys are on!!
And this is the strangest and coolest washroom I have ever seen...
And this is the inside of the saguaro cactus! Really cool to see! They can live 150-200 years and after they die they make furniture out of them.
And a beautiful Arizona sunset to finish off another great day...on the move tomorrow...getting itchy feet!!!




















Hey... what is with you. What does the yellow note say that is between George and Joe on the "I got rocks" picture say. Yeah, that's right, you better be careful. Remember you are in their country!!
ReplyDeleteMan do you have EYES!!!
ReplyDelete